The selected motor is the D2830-11 has the following specifications:
- power supply:7,5 -15 V
- Kv: 1000 RPM/V
- Max Power: 210 W
- suggested: ESC 30A, battery Lipox2 with props 10×4.7 or battery Lipox4 with props 8×4
Some theory about brushless motors
- The rotational speed is only related to the supplied voltage.
- Considering I’m using a battery Lipox3 – 11.1V, the motor can reach a speed of RPMmax=Kv*V=11100 rpm = 185 rps
- The Max current is A=W/V=18.9 A ,around 20 A
- Power can be approximated by: W=Kp*D^4*P*RPM^3. Where Kp is a constant related to the prop,D is the prop diameter, P is the pitch of the prop.
- If yuo conenct the 2 preview formulas A=Kp*D^4*P*RPM^3/V=Kp*D^4*P*Kv^3*V^2. The current can increase withthe cube of kv and with square of V.
Considering that it is suggested to keep the Throttle % < 80% , it means that quadcopter weight has to be less than 1,5 Kg